Formerly Braid Place Cemetery, it is the oldest Cemetery in Edinburgh. The piece of land was first purchased in 1816 and is situated between a tenement and a disused Police Station. In early years Glasgow Jews were brought here for burial. This being a very small Cemetery, the first burial taking place in 1820, when it ultimately became full, land was acquired at Newington Cemetery. It contains 29 burials (as at 28th January 2018). It is inactive and well maintained (gravel covered).